how to knit - machine knitting short row or partial knitting



  Partial Knitting! 



Ok, so this knitting technique is incredible, but super time consuming!  The final piece I made which you can see in my pictures below and what I hold in the video took me around three days to produce.  If I was you I would begin with a small swatch and learn the basics of this technique along with me and then speed along with your own design.   A huge amount of patience is required though.  

Once you get past the learning stage and begin to create a garment or something for your home (perhaps a cushion) the finish result will be beautiful and something to definitely be proud of.

In my design I use a merino yarn from the company www.yeomanyarns.com they supply beautiful yarns and colors, and you can also try www.wools.co.uk.  Both and recommended suppliers and lovely customer service from my experience.  *I'm not paid to say that!*

I would suggest staying away from a heavy or stiff yarn for this project.  Just because the fabric is very heavy when finished. 


  1. I would suggest you use a 4ply yarn for this design. Visually, it looks great! 
  2. the gap between the braid should be around 3 stitches and two rows
  3. the partial knitting, which forms the braid should be around 5 stitches and 28 rows 

Play around with your proportions and come up with something you really love. 



Have fun and feel free to question me about it :) 



















Comments