Princess Seam Top

In this demonstration, I will show you how to remove darts from a woven bodice block and create a princess seam. 


top with princess seams


Image row 1.
I have traced off the bodice bloke, cut it out and then cut one of the top and bottom lines.  I have cut the lines so I can close the bottom dart demonstrated on row 2. 


Image row 2.
I have closed the bottom dart and now the shoulder dart has almost doubled in width.  I am going to close this by creating a dart at the armhole.  The line is drawn below from the bust/apex/



Image row 3.
I have closed the shoulder dart and now I have a dart at the arm hole.  In the 2nd picture I have moved the apex slightly so this is not directly over the bust point. 


Image row 4. 
Extend a curved style line down from the apex / dart point to the hem. 



 Image row 5.
You now have all of your front pieces.  This was created without seam allowance so be sure to include in your project.



Comments